REF 25/23 (Peterlee)
REF 54/23 (Darlington)
A bit about the role…
Durham Constabulary is one of the top-performing police forces in the UK. We have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated MATAC Navigator to work within the Safeguarding Teams and multi-disciplined Integrated Offender Management Unit (IOMU).
Referrals are generated internally through the police and you will be responsible for working with offenders over a designated time period, identifying and addressing their critical pathways and providing appropriate interventions to support deterrence and desistance around Domestic Abuse.
What we offer…
We are an equal opportunities employer and boast generous terms and conditions of employment including:
- minimum of 26 days annual leave rising to 31 days after five years continuous service plus bank holidays. Pro rata for part time posts
- A defined benefit pension scheme (career average) with death in service benefit.
- Flexible working arrangements including flexi-time and remote/home working,
- Access to a range of Health and Wellbeing services including an Employee Assistance programme
- Access to a wide range of Staff Networking groups
- Access to a range of high street discount services e.g. Blue Light Card
- Secure on site parking and are located close to the local bus and train services.
- Interest free loans
A bit about you…
Applicants need to be excellent communicators working one to one with those who have complex needs and challenging behaviours; being able to engage with them and relate to their circumstances without judgement and with the upmost integrity.
Applicants need to have a general understanding of the processes within the Criminal Justice System. It would be advantageous to have experience in the Domestic Abuse arena.
Applicants must possess a full, current driving licence and have access to a vehicle. There is an expectation that the post holder will travel throughout the force area of County Durham and Darlington depending on the pathway needs of the offenders.
For further information on the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For guidance notes please click here
Completed application forms should be returned to email@example.com by 5pm on Wednesday 22nd March 2023.
Candidates must have indefinite leave to work and live in the UK and be free from any restriction. Any successful candidate will be asked to provide evidence of this.
Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Candidates will be contacted via email in relation to the recruitment process and are advised to also check Junk/Spam folders for email updates.