The System Administration Team has a wide scope of responsibility for providing professional technical solutions to our operational policing environment with responsibilities for supporting our Information Technology Systems from our onsite datacentres, servers, storage and applications to cloud based solutions.
It would be beneficial but not-essential to have the following experience
- Cloud Migrations particularly Office 365
- Microsoft Exchange Administration
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
- Microsoft Active Directory Administration
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Intune
You will provide technical support for Information Technology and Communication Systems within the parameters of the Departments Service Level Agreements, the Service Catalogue and ITIL.
Responsibilities will include supporting the ICT Service Desk service. You will provide a 2nd line service which includes assistance with ICT maintenance activities, assistance with the delivery and installation of ICT assets through support, projects and the IT Request Process.
Applicants will be expected to evidence at least two year’s professional and technical experience in a PC support function involving hardware and software solutions, working with Windows operating systems particularly Windows Server 2012 and above and Windows 10.
At least 3 months administration experience is also a requirement.
Applicants must possess a full, current driving license or have access to a means of mobility support as the role involves extensive travel to various locations across the force.
Durham Constabulary Benefits
- Durham Constabulary offers a minimum of 26 days annual leave rising to 31 days after five years continuous service.
- A defined benefit pension scheme (career average) with death in service benefit.
- A flexible approach to work/life balance issues, working from home options and an excellent working environment.
- We offer secure parking on site at competitive rate compared to normal city centre parking charges and are located close to the local bus and train services.