Location: ICT – Police HQ
Salary: Scale 6, £27,432 - £30,420 per annum
Hours: Working 37 hours per week, from 8.30am to 4.30pm
The Flexible working hours’ scheme is applicable to this post.
Job type: Temporary for 2 years with a view to permanency
Closing date: 5pm on Monday 27th June 2022
About the Role
Durham Constabulary is the top performing Police Force in the country and are looking for an IT Technicians to join the busy Network & Communications Team within the Digital Development and Technology Command.
The Network & Communications Team has a wide scope of responsibility for providing professional technical solutions to our operational policing environment with responsibilities for both project delivery and supporting our Information Technology Systems.
It would be beneficial but not-essential to have the following experience
- Local and Wide Area Network Support Experience
- Cisco Switches and Routers experience
- Firewall Experience
- Avaya Contact Centres / Microsoft Teams or other Telephony Experience
At least 3 months administration experience is also a requirement.
Applicants must possess a full, current driving license or have access to a means of mobility support as the role involves extensive travel to various locations across the force.
Durham Constabulary Benefits
- Durham Constabulary offers a minimum of 26 days annual leave rising to 31 days after five years continuous service.
- A defined benefit pension scheme (career average) with death in service benefit.
- A flexible approach to work/life balance issues and an excellent working environment.
- Remote/home working
- Online ICT training provision
- We offer secure parking on site at competitive rate compared to normal city centre parking charges and are located close to the local bus and train services.
- We have an onsite café serving fresh food daily and employee kitchen facilities.