Durham Constabulary are excited to announce that they are recruiting for Administration Support Apprentices to join the Constabulary. These roles will be based at Police Headquarters and other locations across the Force Area, therefore applications are welcome from applicants across the whole force area.
The roles will assist in providing clerical support to meet a range organisational needs. Exact locations for the roles will be discussed in more detail at the interview stage and candidates will be asked to indicate their location preference(s).
Durham Constabulary are particularly keen to receive applications from candidates who can evidence excellent communication skills and are able to demonstrate their initiative, professionalism and the highest levels of integrity.
Customer Service Apprentices will receive appropriate training and guidance to undertake the full range of clerical duties which will include:
- Producing general correspondence, letters, emails, reports and statistical information using a range of IT software packages
- Receiving, sorting and distribution of mail and deliveries
- Retrieving and presenting data using the Force ICT systems
- Providing a customer focused service and responding to enquiries from internal and external customers including the general public
- Maintaining and operating an efficient and effective record keeping and filing system, ensuring they are updated and items stored, disposed of and retrieved when appropriate
- Liaising with providers of goods and services to ensure there are adequate services and supplies to maintain operational efficiency
- Processing accounts and claims including the collection of monies and issuing of receipts and other basic budgetary requirements
- Managing and supporting diary events, arranging and servicing meetings
- Supporting other team members and colleagues
- Demonstration of aptitude towards Customer Service and to be committed to attaining the appropriate qualifications of the Apprenticeship
- A basic standard of IT, literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- A polite, confident and friendly approach
- Ability to undertake a varied workload and be able to adapt and prioritise
- Excellent presentation, organisation and timekeeping skills
- A diligent approach to work ethics
- Understand and respect confidentiality and abide by this at all times
- To have a respect for diversity and be committed to the principles of Equal Opportunities.
- You will be provided protected learning/study time in the workplace to complete your Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner portfolio and any associated qualifications/assessments.
Please note that in the course of undertaking this Apprentice role you may have occasional access to both sensitive and potentially disturbing images.
Due to the nature of the work candidates will be required to undertake a rigorous security screening process.