alert-icon@2xalert-icon@2xion-close-round - Ionicons- white@2x Skip to content
Report online For non emergencies
Call 999 For emergency calls only
Call 999 For emergency calls only
Call 101 For all non emergencies
Call 101 For All non emergencies

How to report police criminality and corruption

If you believe any Durham Constabulary police officer or member of police staff is involved in any criminality or corruption, please let us know. It is important that members of the public have the confidence to report these matters. Examples might be officers involved with:

  • Drug use and supply
  • Involvement with organised crime groups
  • Abuse of position for sexual purpose
  • Any other criminality

Behaviour like this seriously undermines the hard work and effort of the police in tackling crime and protecting communities. Corruption and criminality carried out by police officers and police staff limits the effectiveness of police actions and has a detrimental effect on public confidence in the police.

Although these types of cases are rare with most officers and staff being hard working and honest, we understand they do happen.

If you are concerned about an officer’s behaviour you can contact us by ringing 101. The Counter Corruption Unit can be contacted directly on 0191 375 2627 and by email at

Other agencies: