Child Sex Exploitation

 Hide this site











The ERASE campaign runs in County Durham and Darlington to raise awareness of Child Sexual Exploitation.

ERASE has a dedicated website aimed all members of our community, please click here to find out about sexual exploitation.  


To report concerns about a child
Anyone who is worried about the welfare or safety of a child or young person has a responsibility to act upon these allowing the child to be safeguarded.
If you have any doubts we would prefer to receive a false call with good intentions rather than no call.
Remember: in an emergency call 999.
If you have concerns about a child's welfare please contact the police on 101.
Please provide as much information as possible, including -
  • The child(rens) details
  • Where they live (and / or relatives who they visit, school which they attend)
  • Why are you concerned
If you have concerns about a child's welfare you can also contact Children’s Social Care.
Here are their telephone numbers:
  • County Durham ​03000 267979
  • Darlington 01325 346200


 Hide this site




If you see something,

say something.  


To report concerns about someone or somewhere that may be involved

If you have information about suspected offenders, vehicles and locations of interest, please complete the attached form. Child Sex Exploitation report.


Information and Advice:

Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) Centre

CEOP is the UK’s national police agency for dealing with child protection, particularly tackling offenders who use online technology to abuse children. If you are worried about someone’s behaviour towards a child online you can report this to CEOP at the web address shown above.




Call or text 116 000 

The saysomething team provide a listening support to young people enabling young people to discuss worries and feelings, obtain advice and pass on concerns around child sexual exploitation anonymously.


Legal Aid for Victims of Domestic Violence and Children at Risk of Abuse.


 Hide this site