alert-icon@2xalert-icon@2xion-close-round - Ionicons- white@2x Skip to content
Report online For non emergencies
Call 999 For emergency calls only
Call 999 For emergency calls only
Call 101 For all non emergencies
Call 101 For All non emergencies

Your feedback helps to shape us.

Say thanks

If you’d like to say thanks to an officer, member of staff, volunteer, contractor, department, unit or to the force in general, we'd love to hear from you.

Click here to say thanks. 

Make a complaint

If you've had a bad experience and wish to complain, click here

If you'd prefer to write, you can send a letter to: 

The Chief Constable
Durham Police Headquarters
Aykley Heads

We really would like to hear from you.

Other ways to make a complaint

By telephone
You can contact us by telephone on 101. Ask to be put through to the supervisory officer on duty in the area where the matter or incident with which you are not happy took place.

In person
You can attend any Durham Constabulary police station and inform front office counter staff that you wish to make a complaint. 

By post
Professional Standards and Legal Services Department
Peterlee Police Station
St Aidans Way

Please include your full name, date of birth, address, contact details and explain as fully as you can the nature of your complaint in all your correspondence.

For more information about Durham Constabulary’s complaint procedures see our Complaints page.

To make a request under the Freedom of Information Act, contact:

The Information Rights and Disclosure Unit
Durham Police Headquarters
Aykley Heads

Telephone: 101 Ext. 752596 


Please note that requests for information cannot be made over the phone. It must be made in writing/email to the above address or email address.

For more details on Freedom of Information see our Freedom of Information section.